The most impressive thing was probably the demo of instant web publishing at the end, which previously had been basically useless (as the presenter concedes) in earlier versions. Wow is it ever powerful now. May almost invalidate the need for actual client licenses for many users in an organization, from what they show and describe.
CDML is gone in version 7, web publishing is via XML. Lots of new learning curves, but substantial performance increases. I am esp wanting to deploy some SSL web interfaces soon so doing that with 7 Server Advanced is a top interest of mine. If any of you have thoughts or insights into that please let me know.
I incidentally found this on a Univ of Utah Mac OS documentation page, which has a ton of other good links and resources:
This is the homepage for the Univ of Utah’s Mac support group, what a robust set of resources:
I had initially done a google search for info about optimal quicktime export settings, and found this page which gives some good guidelines for keyframes, data rates, etc when exporting with expert settings from iMovie or QT Pro:
I am posting this on my blog as an entry more for myself in case I lose these bookmarks and want to go back to this…..
I really am interested in any feedback / ideas about migrating to FMP 7, esp for web applications using SSL. At our college we presently have Lasso 3 which is used for some solutions, and most use FMP 5.5 Server and FMP 5 Unlimited. I have Dragon Web Surveys running on FMP 6.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Visualizing Inside and Outside Sharing - 2016
- Digital Neighborhood Watch (Nextdoor.com) & Model Use of Twitter by Local Police - 2015
- How to Archive a KidBlog Website - 2014
- What We Can Learn from Oklahoma's Repeal of Common Core - 2014
- Fun with Visual Charades and Narrated Slideshows Based on Fairy Tales - 2012
- Resources for Students Developing Mobile Apps #edapp - 2011
- Podcast349: Crisis in the School: Redesigning the Delivery Model by Steve Wyckoff - 2010
- Yesvideo.com converts analog media to digital - 2010
- Flickr now displays video formatted for #ipad - 2010
- Preparing for a week of Travian sitting - 2009