Blogging has changed in fundamental ways the dissemination of information in and from the 21st Century battlefield and theater of conflict. On Sunday, August 7, 2005, I had the privilege to interview US Army Reserve Sergeant Chris Missick, who was featured in the August 2005 Wired Magazine article, “The Blogs of War.” In this program I address:
- WebSighting: Chris Missick’s Web of Support website.
- Interview: Thoughts from Sgt Chris Missick on the impacts of blogging on the 21st Century soldier, prospects for using blogs in education, and imperatives for the citizens of our nation in 2005. Visit Chris’s warblog (A Line in the Sand) on www.missick.com/warblog.htm (Link now broken: Internet Wayback Machine Archive link – Chris’ current blog (active Jan 2020)
- Editorial: Thanks to our servicemen and servicewomen serving around the world, closing thoughts on “sustaining” versus “disruptive” educational technologies, and the importance of emphasizing the latter.
Program Length: 20 min, 18 sec
File size: 9.3 MB
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create and Share InfoPics to Show What You Know - 2017
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- Smart Networks #wildtech - 2011
- iPhone Videography from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008
- This is why we have so few laptop initiatives in Oklahoma - 2008