Convergence of media refers to the ongoing process in which “multiple products come together to form one product with the advantages of all of them.”
Apple and Cingular announced yesterday a new mobile phone that integrates iTunes. This is media convergence personified. I have been looking forward to the day when I can carry a single electronic device that is my iPod, my cell phone, and my PDA. My Motorola V551 comes close, without the iPod functionality.
The announcement of the iPod Nano continues the same trends we are seeing elsewhere in technology: smaller, more powerful, less expensive. And is any other company producing anything that can compare with the elegance of this design? Kudos again to Jonathan Ives and his design team at Apple!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Presenting with Keynote and Apple Watch - 2019
- Sample Popsicle Catapult for STEM Class - 2014
- Supporting Children of Incarcerated Parents (Narrated Slideshow) - 2013
- Mirroring a Cohort WordPress Blog with Posterous - 2011
- Great tips for using iOS devices for classroom audio recording - 2010
- Lessons learned using PowerPoint Jeopardy Template (game) - 2010
- Great experiences today with Google Moderator and Wimba discussing Copyright - 2009
- Using Blogs and CoverItLive to Discuss President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Assume your inbox is public record - 2008
- Podcast189E: Things Mid-Del Learning Leaders Are Passionate About - 2007