This podcast includes 3 websightings and an editorial entitled “Education That Matters.” Learn about how students can balance the US federal budget online (at least experiment with different approaches to accomplishing that goal) and gain insights about string theory through NOVA’s fantastic website and video series, “The Elegant Universe.” The editorial, “Education That Matters” focuses on the importance of teachers analyzing the long term impact of the assignments and lessons they give to students. Featured stories include my experiences with a Nazi concentration camp survivor and liberator last week, and discussions with a young student about science, writing, and the implications of that dialog for teachers providing choice in student literacy activities. Challenges for this week include checking out my photos of Vancouver in the week to come, and providing positive, specific feedback for Room 208 elementary student blog publishers.
Program Length: 20 min, 48 sec
File size: 4.8 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- National Budget Simulation
- LoTi Schools bookmarks
- NOVA’s “The Elegant Universe”
- Surviving Dachau, Liberating Mauthausen podcast
- Information about K-12 Outreach and Distance Learning Programs of the Texas Tech International Cultural Center
- Graph on student retention from National Training Center
- Tim Fredrick’s ELA Teaching Blog: Blog post on writing and student choice
- My Vancouver Flickr photos
- Room208 Class Blog
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Avoiding Digital Disasters: Video Is the New Pen - 2013
- Awesome Brickfilm - 2011
- Podcast332: WordPress Saves Lives - Learn How #actem09 - 2009
- Deterring bag shoplifters and trash depositors - 2008
- Voicethreads about favorite books! - 2007
- Elluminate moderation: First impressions - 2006
- Firefox 2 and Skype 2 - 2006
- K12Online06 Presentations links, comments - 2006
- Talking Science Podcasts - 2006
- Weather globe software - 2005