Yakpack is a really innovative web 2.0 free service that lets people stay in touch with their own “circles” of friends via recorded audio messages. Like podcasting, yakpack lets people use the power of the spoken word to communicate, but in a much more straightforward, easy, and user-friendly manner. Yakpack audio message sharing is also confined to a specified audience, rather than being broadcast and shared with the entire world.
I am looking forward to setting up yakpack especially for my kids, who can use this as a way to stay in touch with relatives and friends. Also, I think it will be a great tool to use in my winter term online class I am teaching. Thanks to BJ and his team for coming up with such an innovative product and service! Web 2.0 continues to amaze and delight! 🙂
You might also want to check out BJ’s new book “Persuasive Technology: Using Computers to Change What We Think and Do.” It sounds like a great examination of web 2.0 technologies focused on the ways they can be employed to persuade and convince. Certainly a vital topic for anyone interested in digital literacy and media literacy in the 21st Century!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Minecraft Halloween Challenge: Lessons Learned - 2017
- Custom Content Types and Gravity Forms in WordPress - 2012
- Create Printed Photo Books with your iPhone Using Keepsy - 2012
- Editing Out Loud Background Noise with Adobe Audition - 2011
- #OpenBeta5 and Ideas for the Balanced Filtering Online Gradebook - 2010
- Skip the Overview Presentation: Go In-Depth - 2010
- What would your students do with this projector? - 2009
- Podcast288V: Using FeedForAll To Update K-12 Online Conference Podcast Channel Web Feeds - 2008
- New South Wales throws down the glove for student hackers - 2008
- Podcast199: How to Create Bully Free Classrooms and Schools by Dr. Allan L. Beane - 2007