Wikiquote is “a free online compendium of quotations in every language, including sources (where known), translations of non-English quotes, and links to Wikipedia for further information!”
My favorite quotation of the moment is one made by Eric Hoffer, included on Wikiquote’s page for him:
In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.
Unfortunately Wikiquote does not list a source for this quotation, and I have been unable to find one either in my brief google searchers. If you know the original source for this Hoffer quotation, please let me know by commenting here! (That way others will learn too!) 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Using 8 Bit Games and Humor to Present Serious Political Messages - 2016
- WP Super Cache To the Rescue - 2014
- Notes from C-School (Creativity Boot Camp) - 2012
- Melinda Gates: No iPads or iPhones for Kids - Stick with your Zune - 2010
- Learning about Netbooks in 1 to 1 Learning Projects from Maine Educators - 2009
- Free AT&T Wi-Fi access to iPhone customers - 2008
- Learning about documentary filmmaking and WWII from Ken Burns - 2007
- 12th "Great Book Story" project example - 2007
- Podcast200: Moving Beyond the Fear Factor With Internet Safety - 2007
- Week2 feed for K12Online06 - 2006