This podcast is a rebroadcast of my presentation today at the “Ultimate Education Summit” held at the Civic Center in Lubbock, Texas. The title of my presentation was, “Digital Definers of the New Teacher Education.” My thesis is that there are 3 primary definers pushing educators at all levels to redefine teaching and learning in terms of digital literacy acquisition. In this session I explore definitions of information and digital literacy, as well as the 3 definers: Digital Natives, Digital Curriculum, and Digital Skill Expectations.
Program Length: 39 min, 19 sec
File size: 9.0 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- My Presentation Slides from today
- “Digital Definers of the New Teacher Education” article draft (PDF)
- Angus King’s April 2005 Presentation for SEED (Bit by Bit Podcast 5 by Bob Sprankle)
- National Forum on Information Literacy: Definitions, standards, and competencies related to information literacy from 1989
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills: Learning for the 21st century: a report and mile guide for 21st century skills from 2002 (PDF)
- Digital natives, digital immigrants by Marc Prensky from 2001 (PDF)
- A Global Imperative: The Report of the 21st Century Literacy Summit by The New Media Consortium from 2005 (PDF)
- The South Plains Closing the Gaps Coalition
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Technorati Tags: elearn2005
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Staying On Message in the Classroom After the Election - 2016
- 15 Reasons I'm Thrilled to be a Grade 4-5 STEM Teacher in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2013
- Blogging the Conference: EDUCAUSE 2012 Session Notes - 2012
- Janet Barresi's ODLA 2011 Keynote - 2011
- How to Make Your High School Students Fail Online Courses - 2011
- Join in 12 Days of Playing with Media - 2011
- Rapid Prototyping, Digital Fabrication, STEM, NSF and Karen Cator - 2010
- 1000s of Universities now using Podcast Generator - 2010
- A sad (but true) video commentary on higher education publishing - 2010
- Broad, Sweeping Company Facebook policy challenged - 2010