This podcast is a rebroadcast of a very informative presentation about videoconferencing at the TechForum in Austin today by Carol Willis, Gerri Maglia, and Dan Updegrove. The title of the presentation was “Interactive Video: The Size of Texas” or “Big Bandwidth and Videoconferencing.” Speakers highlighted the current structure of both the Texas statewide videoconferencing network, the Internet2 initiatives and network topologies linking major population centers in Texas and other cities across the United States, and some exciting new videoconferencing projects for students and teachers in Texas.
Program Length: 1 hour, 11 min
File size: 16.3 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- My notes from this presentation, with referenced links
- The Texas Education Telecommunications Network (TETN)
- Texas Connects Project
- Technology and Learning
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Technorati Tags: techforumtx
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great Mobile Device Battery Chargers - 2014
- iCamp January 15, 2014 in Manhattan, Kansas: iPad Day! - 2013
- Preparing for STEM Lessons on Coding with Hopscotch for iPad - 2013
- Karl Fisch at the 2011 Innovative Learning Institute - 2011
- This is a LOT of computer monitors! - 2010
- The iPad as a TV game controller - 2010
- Transforming Classroom Practice with 1:1 by Jenny Wojick, Andy Marks, Janet Parkerson, Virginia Glass and Kelly Goldberg - 2009
- Classroom Basics for 1:1 Computing by Shawn Massey and Wynn Draper-Bryant (Flint Community Schools, Michigan) - 2009
- 10 things you can do with a laptop (Gary Stager at eLearn09) - 2009
- Rachel's Haircut VoiceThread exceeds 15,000 views - 2008