This podcast features summaries by K-12 teachers of the eight design elements included in the Quality Matters evaluation rubric for online courses. Quality Matters is a collaborative grant project from the State of Maryland, with the goal of helping educators better understand and use accepted best practice design concepts in online instruction. This workshop was presented in Lewisville, Texas, on November 17, 2005. Workshop curriculum linked in the podcast shownotes is shared under a Creative Commons attribution-only license.
Program Length: 24 min, 14 sec
File size: 5.6 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Wesley’s “Online Course Design” workshop curriculum
- QualityMatters: Inter-Institutional Quality Assurance in Online Learning
- The Quality Matters Demo Rubric
- Quality Matters best practices inspiration diagrams (click on RESULTS after each category)
- SurveyMonkey online survey tool
- Verify Section508 accessiblity compliance with the free HiSoftware Cynthia Says Portal
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Our Daughter Plays Minecraft with International YouTubers - 2015
- Use an Older Wii Remote with Smoothboard Software - 2014
- Small Museums, Libraries and Archives: Advocating to Preserve Community Heritage - 2013
- Advocating for Balanced Content Filtering in Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2011
- Help Needed from Urban Educators: Are Evernote, GDocs & Edmodo Blocked for Your Students? - 2011
- Cloud computing for Microsoft, Persistent requests for IT, and 3 screen strategies - 2010
- Going Mobile with Digital Storytelling - 2010
- Doubting the power of Netbooks? Consider Chrome OS - 2009
- Pleased with Windows 7 default scanning functionality - 2009
- Website visitor tracking with Feedjit and ClustrMaps - 2008