Medical doctors are struggling like the rest of us to keep up with the pace of change in society, largely driven by technology. In this podcast I share 2 recent stories with a family practitioner and a heart surgeon here in Lubbock, discussing how technology driven change affects their daily behavior as well as continuing learning. I share several websightings in part 2, and wrap up with a series of interviews with Texas principals and superintendents about “keys to technology integration” on their campuses and in their districts.
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Epocrates software for doctors
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Marc Prensky’s website
- Marc’s keynote address from the Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference in New Hampshire on 29 November 2005: Part 1 and Part 2 posted by Bob Sprankle
- My reflections about Prensky’s keynote
- Willowdale Elementary website (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Tony Vincent and Mike Curtis’s podcast about using handheld computers in the classroom: “Soft Reset”
- Tony Vincent’s Learning in Hand website
- Texas Technology Leadership Academy online videos
Program Length: 25 min, 0 sec
File size: 5.7 MB
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 5th EdCampOKC Coming to Del City High School March 4, 2017 - 2016
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009