For the second time this fall, the Texas Computer Education Association has rejected an article I have written and submitted about educational technology. I have been a regular columnist for TCEA since the fall of 1997, with an article published in every issue of the TechEdge (37 articles to date.) These are all archived online on my website “Tools for the TEKS: Integrating Technology in the Classroom.” Before this fall, I have never had an article rejected for publication by the TechEdge.
I am disappointed at this to say the least, but perhaps not surprised. In this second article particularly, I am speaking from the heart about issues that really matter to educators, students, parents, and for our public education system in Texas– and I am very consciously making strong statements that are politically contentious.
The first article TCEA refused to print, “Blogging the Conference,” I took offline because I wanted to seek publication of it in another magazine, and some do not allow prior web publication. To date this article has not been published anywhere.
The second article TCEA refused to print is titled “Digital Curriculum and The Last Mile: Providing Curricular Flexibility and Limitless Bandwidth.” It is still available online.
I was given the option to rewrite the article or submit another one on a different topic. Certainly this article is the most politically strident one I have written to date for TCEA. I am going to write a new article from scratch about a less contentious topic and submit it for the Spring TechEdge, but am not sure yet what I am going to do with this one that was rejected.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Tips for Media Literacy and Avoiding Foreign Political Propaganda Influence - 2019
- Podcast411: Going 1:1 - Planning for Success by Jake Heister - 2013
- 99¢ Podcast: Tell a Story in 5 Photos - 2011
- Envisioning a Cloud-based, Platform Independent Computing Future [VIDEO] - 2011
- The Case for Balanced Internet Filtering in Schools - 2010
- KFC and McDonalds Reinvent Themselves - Why Not Our Schools? - 2009
- Using FeedForAll to update #k12online Podcast Channels - 2009
- Tracking computer use by application with Slife - 2008
- Consider 1:1 learning in Korea - 2007
- Add blog post to Google Reader shared items without subscribing? - 2007