An excellent conference about podcasting is scheduled for this coming Saturday, January 7th. Podcastercon is a free conference being held at the University of North Carolina in Raleigh. I expect, given the unconference style of the event particularly, there will be lots of blog entries and podcasts available for those (like me) who cannot attend.
The Podcastercon wiki has info about planned sessions, and more details will be added during and after the event. Some of the planned sessions include:
- Podcasting as a Teaching/Learning Strategy
- The 411 on How to Podcast
- Advanced Podcasting Equipment and Configurations
- Copyright Law and Podcasting
- Women in Podcasting
Looks like this will be a great event, thanks to web 2.0 technologies and people willing to blog and podcast the conference, I’m looking forward to benefiting right here from Lubbock, Texas! 🙂
Use a Technorati search for podcastercon for more buzz in the blogosphere about this event.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Workflow Publishing 30 Normalized Conference Audio Recordings - 2016
- #WhatIf My Ideas on School Reform Become Reality? - 2015
- Lego Stopmotion: Voldemort Meets Gandalf - 2014
- Faculty Require Mastery of Content and Skills - Not Just Technology Use - 2011
- Beautiful Transmediation Example: How To Be Alone - 2011
- Accessing Citrix from Ubuntu - 2010
- Avoid Twply.com and change your Twitter password frequently - 2009
- Categorizing web 2.0 sites by function - 2009
- Join Darren and other K12Online Conveners today LIVE on Manitoba radio and online - 2009
- Don't be awed by enhanced access to administrative academic data - Look for pedagogic changes instead! - 2009