I am in no way, shape or form a fan of the University of Texas: for football or any other sport. In fact, I generally relish the opportunity to see UT lose to any opponent, Big 12 or otherwise.
That being said, Vince Young has my utmost respect as an athlete and leader. I had the privilege to see Vince help the Longhorns beat my beloved Kansas State Wildcats in Austin in October 2003, when he was just a freshman. I have posted a new photoset to my Flickr account taken from that game. Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of Vince on the field. (I’m sure he’s on the sidelines in the image below, however!)
Watching Vince scramble, run and pass during that game, I commented then that he is THE REAL DEAL. What an amazing athlete! My thought at the time was, why isn’t UT playing him all the time, even as a freshman he was clearly the most talented quarterback and runner on the field?!
Tonight Vince proved it for a national audience. Congrats to UT and UT fans.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why I Switched My WordPress Web Host from WP Engine to Site5 - 2014
- Optimize a Google Site for Mobile Accessibility and Metrics - 2012
- Photo 365 Projects on Seedlings: Thurs Jan 6th - 2011
- Upset about Standardized Testing (Love Letter To Albuquerque Public Schools) - 2011
- Powerful Ingredients Videoconference today - 2010
- Access your notes even after your textbook subscription expires - 2010
- Copyright-friendly image source websites - 2009
- A whole lotta Twitter phishin goin' on - 2009
- Podcast214: Surrender of the Japanese to the United States Aboard the USS Missouri (a retelling in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii) - 2008
- Digital ethics and citizenship - 2007