I am in no way, shape or form a fan of the University of Texas: for football or any other sport. In fact, I generally relish the opportunity to see UT lose to any opponent, Big 12 or otherwise.
That being said, Vince Young has my utmost respect as an athlete and leader. I had the privilege to see Vince help the Longhorns beat my beloved Kansas State Wildcats in Austin in October 2003, when he was just a freshman. I have posted a new photoset to my Flickr account taken from that game. Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of Vince on the field. (I’m sure he’s on the sidelines in the image below, however!)
Watching Vince scramble, run and pass during that game, I commented then that he is THE REAL DEAL. What an amazing athlete! My thought at the time was, why isn’t UT playing him all the time, even as a freshman he was clearly the most talented quarterback and runner on the field?!
Tonight Vince proved it for a national audience. Congrats to UT and UT fans.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- We Need More Curious Dreamers, Tinkerers and Makers - 2016
- Best Free iPad Apps for Stopmotion Movies - 2016
- Why I Switched My WordPress Web Host from WP Engine to Site5 - 2014
- Optimize a Google Site for Mobile Accessibility and Metrics - 2012
- Photo 365 Projects on Seedlings: Thurs Jan 6th - 2011
- Upset about Standardized Testing (Love Letter To Albuquerque Public Schools) - 2011
- Powerful Ingredients Videoconference today - 2010
- Access your notes even after your textbook subscription expires - 2010
- Copyright-friendly image source websites - 2009
- A whole lotta Twitter phishin goin' on - 2009