The spring 2006 Texas Tech University coupon book is being passed out on campus today as classes begin.
In the table of contents near the end, current coupon book recipients can see there should be a page between the Texas Tech Book Store and Vertex, for “Unique Term Papers.com.”
The distributor is now tearing this coupon out of the book before giving it to students, but here is the original:
Ready to start a new semester? Those wanting to profit from easy digital dishonesty certainly are. In the environment of pay-to-plagiarize, advanced planning has financial rewards. According to the website, term paper costs are:
7+ days advance notice – $15 per page
5-6 days advance notice – $18 per page
3-4 days advance notice – $21 per page
2 days advance notice – $24 per page
1 day advance notice – $27 per page
Overnight Service – $30 per page
Do you know anyone who is writing for businesses like this one? That would make an interesting podcast discussion. My related question to teachers and faculty would be: How are you authentically assessing your students this semester? Hopefully it is not primarily through a term paper assignment the student could farm out to a 3rd party company. Students need to both learn to write well and practice writing regularly. In some ways, online instruction which includes a large amount of individual and group discussion can lend itself to being a more authentic learning environment than many classrooms where the instructor is lecturing to a passive audience of students.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Custom Domain Mapping for a Classroom Google Site - 2016
- Backup iPhone SMS Messages on a Mac - 2016
- Creating Visual Notes on an iPad with ProCreate - 2015
- FREE on Amazon for Kindle - Hopscotch Challenges: Learn to Code on an iPad! eBook - 2014
- EdCampOKC 2013 Organizer Meeting January 10th [ARCHIVED VIDEO] - 2013
- Quality Counts Education State Reports: $5 Each?! - 2011
- iPhone Mobile Hotspot Capability Coming with iOS 4.3? - 2011
- Time Tracking (time sheet) App for iPhone - 2011
- Observations about Organizational Blogging and Social Media Use - 2011
- Riddikulus! @newsok Please change your policy locking up your archives to paying customers only - 2010