David Warlick has posted a poignant fictitious letter written from the perspective of a school superintendent, apologizing to parents for the 19th century educational preparation program their children are receiving at school.
This letter could provide a great way to start a dialog with school administrators, during a technology leadership workshop for example, about both the reasons why schools need to change for the 21st Century and the concrete ways they can and must do so.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Modern Learning in School: The 14 Legs of the Table - 2020
- Document Your World With HyperLapse Videos - 2015
- Cool iPad Art & STEAM Apps & Hacks - 2015
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010