High Tech High is a successful charter school program in California which has strongly influenced the foundation of High Tech High Albuquerque, New Mexico, now in its first year of operation. In this podcast, Billy Hull and Wesley Fryer interviewed Laura McBain and Dr Kaplan of High Tech High Albuquerque using Skype. Our discussion focused on the unique aspects of the High Tech High approach to education which includes problem based learning, ideas from the small schools movement, instruction focusing on inquiry, and the effective integration of technology into the curriculum. The impacts of these ideas on student achievement, graduation rates, and college retention was explored.
Program Length: 48 min, 11 sec
File size: 11.4 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- High Tech High California
- High Tech High Albuquerque
- Coalition of Essential Schools
- The Common Principles of CES
- Gates Foundation High School Reform
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Discussing ClassenSAS Future at Northeast Academy in OKCPS - 2019
- Academic Publishing and Relevance - 2014
- 5 Advantages and 5 Disadvantages to Consider Selling an eBook on Your Own Website - 2013
- Common Core Transition Ideas via Marzano - 2012
- A Touching Example of Family Digital Documentation - 2012
- Mountains, Gandalf, Mountains! #mtvision - 2011
- Social Media and the 2011 State of the Union Address - 2011
- Arts Integration at Wilson Elementary in OKCPS - 2010
- Reflections on home content filtering and OpenDNS after a year of use - 2009
- Iran, Sovereignty, Colonialism and the Values of the West - 2009