Rafe Esquith shared the Friday Session Keynote at the Texas Computer Education Assocation’s annual conference on February 10, 2006. The title of his presentation was “There are no Shortcuts.” Rafe is a passionate and dedicated 5th grade teacher from California. Some of his talented students joined him in his motivational and inspiring presentation.
Program Length: 50 min, 19 sec
File size: 12.1 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- “There Are No Shortcuts” – A book by Rafe Esquith
- PBS: The Hobart Shakespeareans
- UCLA Spotlight: Rafe Esquith, Alumnus and Teacher
- NPR: Inner-City Teacher Takes No Shortcuts to Success
- NEA News Room: 2003 Medal of Arts Recipients – Rafe Esquith
- Pursuing Happiness, Through Hard Work (Washington Post)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Inspired by Innovative OKCPS Teachers and Students at Arthur Elementary School - 2018
- Using Google Reverse Image Search to Create a (late) Bibliography - 2016
- Podcasting Costs with Amazon S3 - 2016
- Show What You Know with Media (Feb 2015) - 2015
- Why Our Family Ditched AT&T and Joined T-Mobile: Huge Monthly Savings - 2014
- A Vision for Interactive Writing, Student Publishing, and Digital Portfolios in the Classroom - 2013
- Where to Start with Technology Integration in Oklahoma? - 2012
- We've Only Just Begun (to share our voices with media in Yukon Schools) - 2012
- Piano Scales? There's an App For That! - 2011
- Creative Commons and Flickr - 2010