FlAppr is a flash-based front-end, or interface, for Flickr that requires the latest version of Flash Player (8). Think of FlAppr as an even cooler way to explore Flickr images and connect with Flickr-posting photographers than the “regular” web browsing Flicker website method.
Flickr is such a tremendous resource for visual literacy, presentation slide creation (esp. via Creative commons search), geography lessons, economics, etc. For more breathtaking images of mountains in Pakistan, check out Kelly’s full photoset from her July 2005 trip there. This is the first paragraph of her description:
In the heart of the Karakorams of northern Pakistan lies an amphitheatre of high mountains which truly has no parallel. The American climber and photographer Galen Rowell described it as the ‘Throne Room of the Mountain Gods’. When you stand at the glacial junction known as Concordia and survey the phenomenal array of summits which includes four of the world’s 12 mountain peaks more than 8000 metres high, it is difficult to disagree with him. The four mountains are: K-2 (8611m), Gasherbrum-I (8086m), Broad Peak (8047m) and Gasherbrum-II (8035m).
Whoa! What amazing mountain images these are for this flatlander / Lubbock resident! I wonder when I’ll be able to travel to Pakistan myself and behold Concordia first hand? Anyone know someone there looking for a conference or workshop presenter on web 2.0 in education?! 🙂
Thanks to David Jakes for posting about FlAppr!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- 10 Days till EdCampOKC 2017: March 4, 2017 at Del City High School - 2017
- iPad Video App Smash: Auphonic, Voice Record Pro and Green Screen - 2016
- Presentations on Creativity, 3D Printing, Digital Sharing and More - 2016
- Audio Podcasting with iOS and YouTube - 2015
- Sleet Sledding: The Movie (fun with iMovie for iPhone Trailers) - 2013
- Narrate a SlideShow with ShowMe - 2012
- Create a Narrated Slideshow with ShowMe for iPad - 2012
- Marzano Causal Teacher Evaluation Model by Robert La Grassa - 2012
- Lessons Learned from Finger Puppet Theater on Vimeo - 2011
- 5th Grade Colonial Living History Museum - 2011