I will be participating as a panelist in a roundtable discussion about podcasting in higher education contexts on March 1, 2006 at Texas Tech University. The title of the roundtable is “Podcasting: ‘Stream On’ – Global Distributed Learning.”
We will be podcasting this event on the TTU College of Education podcast channel. Dr. David Miller, who uses podcasts as “discussion-casts” with his undergraduate psychology students at the University of Connecticut, will be participating via iChat videoconference. Dr. Miller has had positive student feedback on his use of “discussion-casts.”
This event should provide a good opportunity to hear different perspectives on podcasting in college / university contexts. I will be discussing Higher Ed Podcast Purposes & Examples during my presentation. If you have any ideas about other “categories” of higher education podcasts other than those mentioned in the link above, I would love to hear them. The basic categories I see at this point are:
- Interactive and Reflective Q&A
- Storytelling and Public Relations
- Virtual Conference/Symposium Resources
- Student Projects
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Learning in Dodge City About Digital Literacy & iPads in the Classroom - 2014
- Twitter Archived Learning from EdCampOKC 2014 - 2014
- Empowering Digital Witnesses to Preserve and Share Family Stories - 2013
- Turn Off AudioBoo Comments - 2012
- iOS Apps by Genre and Every Day Apps #edapp - 2011
- Register for #iste11 BYOL: Simple Ideas for Powerful Sharing - 2011
- WordPress OKC Feb 2010 User’s Group Notes - 2010
- K12Online Conference Echo Webcasts - 2010
- A superintendent for whom I'd like to work - 2008
- Google Notebook article - 2007