Last week, on March 1, 2006, the Texas Tech University IT Division hosted a roundtable discussion about podcasting in Higher Education. The official title of the session was, “Podcasting: ‘Stream On’ – Global Distributed Learning.” One of the special guests was Dr. David Miller, who uses interactive discussion-casts (as podcasts) with his undergraduate psychology students at the University of Connecticut. I met Dr. Miller via email and an iChat videoconference back in January, and posted about the positive course evaluation feedback he obtained last term from his “iCube Podcasts.” Dr. Miller joined our “traditional” iTV videoconference via an iChat AV videoconference (desktop videoconferencing.)
The entire roundtable panel discussion, which lasted about an hour and twenty minutes, is available as a podcast from the Texas Tech College of Education. Dr Miller posted a video of his comments and answers to questions as a QuickTime movie on his website also.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Thoughts on Media Control and Free Speech Limits - 2016
- Prepping a new iPad Mini for 3rd Grade - 2013
- Reflections on changing history, national identity, and cultural events in the American midwest - 2008
- Converting text to and from speech for accessibility and convenience - 2008
- Copyright questions and answers about iTunes, Podcasts, and Fair Use - 2008
- Alexander in the Boston Globe - 2007
- Avoiding shock and awe in Plato's cave - 2007
- First "digital dialog" podcast - 2007
- WiFi Picture Frame - 2006
- SuprGlu feed river - 2006