SuprGlu is a free, web 2.0 aggregation site allowing users to create a personal portal site integrating various RSS feeds from popular sites like flickr, del.icio.us, blogging engines, etc. According to the Suprglu website:
SuprGlu currently relies on RSS (Really Simple Syndication) and ATOM feeds. These are feeds published by the web service you use so that you and other people interested in you can read updates more easily from an aggregator (like Bloglines).
I created a personal suprglu page aggregating RSS content from my Moving at the Speed of Creativity blog, flickr photos, del.icio.us links, and 43 places/43 things entries.
SuprGlu creates a personalized “feed river” of RSS content like RSSMix and other feed aggregation tools I’ve blogged about before. The difference about SuprGlu is that it is personalized, sort of a personal RSS/ATOM feed portal. Unfortunately (reportedly because of the large number of feeds they are tracking) SuprGlu goes not appear to update very frequently. Still a very cool idea, however, with lots of potential. Especially nice since the website can integrate diverse RSS sources in a nice looking portal. Maybe they’ll develop a “ping SuprGlu” option, so feeds can be updated on demand.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Prepping a new iPad Mini for 3rd Grade - 2013
- Reflections on changing history, national identity, and cultural events in the American midwest - 2008
- Converting text to and from speech for accessibility and convenience - 2008
- Copyright questions and answers about iTunes, Podcasts, and Fair Use - 2008
- Alexander in the Boston Globe - 2007
- Avoiding shock and awe in Plato's cave - 2007
- First "digital dialog" podcast - 2007
- Podcasting in Higher Ed Roundtable - 2006
- WiFi Picture Frame - 2006
- Share Bubbleshares on a Blog - 2006