The National Library of Australia and Picture Australia have teamed up with Flickr and Yahoo! to create another interesting type of digital storytelling project: Telling the “we story” through photographs.
PictureAustralia has created two public groups in Flickr where “citizen photo journalists” can upload their photographs and show the rest of the world what it means to be Australian in the 21st Century.
As of today, there are over 1600 photos in the PictureAustralia: People, places and events Flickr group. The other Flickr group, PictureAustralia: Australia Day, has over 170 pictures so far. Very cool!
I love this image from the Northern Territory of Ayer’s Rock:
I’m ready for a trip down under after looking at some of these images… Anyone looking for a conference keynote speaker at an Australian edtech conference?!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Managing Digital Footprints - for grandparents (March 2014) - 2014
- GeoMap: Google Maps Engine Lite Hiroshima Project - 2014
- More Minecraft Lessons from a 15 Year Old (March 2013) - 2013
- Podcast305: Science Education from a Technology Leader’s Perspective by Dr. David Thornburg - 2009
- Preliminary Report of a National Survey of School Leaders on the Use of Web 2.0 in Schools - 2009
- Science Education from a Technology Leader's Perspective by David Thornburg - 2009
- K12 Horizon Report (CoSN 2009) - 2009
- The Challenges of Web 2.0 by Bob Martin - 2009
- Spinning history and the means of publication - 2008
- Debating Ataturk, more bans on user created content - 2007