The MIT led One Laptop per Child initiative has launched a new website, http://laptop.org. The site includes a map showing countries where OLPC plans to pilot their project (green), countries that have expressed interest in the project at the ministry of education level or higher (orange), and those countries who are seeking governmental support (yellow):
As a geography major in college, I have always “been into” geography and geographic representations of ideas and concepts. Don’t you think this map is much more communicative and powerful than just the statement, “7 countries have been identified to pilot the OLPC project?!”
The future of education is 1:1 learning with wireless, mobile technology devices… Is your school district preparing for this technology-immersed future?! The kids are going to be ready. (They are actually ready today and were ready yesterday.) The tough question is, will our teachers be ready? Today, most are not. And that is a formidable challenge we must step up to address.
Thanks to Jeff Allen for posting this link.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Sharing PD Day Expectations: Paper Slide Video Style - 2012
- Serving or Delivering does not equal Teaching or Learning - 2012
- Narrated iPhone Photos Edited & Published on iPad - 2011
- What is a hackintosh? - 2010
- Playing with a Sugar emulation (XO Laptop operating system) - 2009
- Mysterious WordPress and Podpress problems - 2008
- Podcast237: Unleashing the Transformational Power of One-to-One Computing in K-12 (COSN Panel) - 2008
- Let's fight for recess - 2006
- Inviting skypecast input - 2006
- International skypecast #2 - 2006