Dr. Tjeerd Plomp, Professor Emeritus at the University of Twente in Enschede, The Netherlands, shared this keynote address at the SITE conference in Orlando, Florida, on March 23, 2006. The title of his presentation was, “Preparing for teaching in an information society: Various Perspectives.” Dr. Plomp has organized several extensive studies of teacher educators and their uses of instructional technologies in classrooms around the globe, and continues to have an influential voice in advising the Dutch government about education policy and specifically initiatives seeking to help students develop the technological and digital literacies required for success in the 21st century environment.
Program Length: 1 hr, 11 min, 54 sec
File size: 16.5 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Notes from the keynote
- European Computer Driving License Foundation
- European Pedagogical ICT Licence
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- The Evolution of BYOD for our Church Session - 2014
- Expand your Constellation Knowledge with Star Walk for iPhone - 2012
- Shifting from Writing to Videography - 2011
- The Doritos Tablet - an iPad YouTube Spoof - 2010
- Visually summarizing ideas with Sean Griffin - 2009
- Live from the OK State Superintendent's Dropout Summit - 2009
- Twitter follower bio word clouds - 2009
- Web 2.0 in the Enterprise - 2008
- Offline QuickTime Versions of "Growing Up Online" videos - 2008
- Making Google Reader feed subscriptions easier - 2007