Here’s a wonderful gift for that special someone in your life who has everything (or maybe even yourself): a TV-B-Gone remote control. Ever been irritated at an airport by the incessant rant of the CNN reporters on the TVs located by every departure gate? Ever notice how no one in your part of the airport seems to have requested that these TVs be turned on? I have. A very novel and disruptive idea.
Is use of TV-B-Gone ethical? Probably not prudent if you’re visiting a local sports bar. But at the airport? Is it ethical that the airport folks have the TVs turned on, and are subjecting you and everyone around you to the video images and audio sounds of the CNN channel irrespective of your opinion on the issue? These are good questions to ponder.
Or good questions to take action on. Thanks to Mark Glaser (the blogger for PBS’s MediaShift site) for posting on this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- STEM, iPad & Google Workshops in June 2015 - 2015
- Technology & Innovation in Education by Jaime Casap - 2012
- Using ARIS to Create Interactive, Multimedia Enhanced Field Trips by Wes Molyneaux - 2012
- Why Every Teacher Should Become an App Creator by Chris Thompson - 2012
- Blended, Continuous Learning in the 21st Century Military - 2011
- Finger Puppet Videography with the iPad2: Lessons Learned - 2011
- Celebrate National Library Week with Fabrarians: Freeze-n-Read! - 2010
- Wilson Rawls: Author of Where the Red Fern Grows - 2010
- Who Will Save Journalism? We will! - 2009
- Podcast244: Stories of Life on the High Seas by Jonathan Gayton in Perth, Australia to Oklahoma Over Skype - 2008