I recently had to change my primary laptop computer because of a hard drive crash, and thankfully I was able to move and backup all my data before disaster struck. However, I neglected to make a backup of my Home folder – Library – Application Support – iWeb directory (as an archive) and therefore have not been able to add to my existing iWeb enhanced podcasts and video podcasts. This is somewhat problematic since now, even as I republish those podcasts, the links will change and be different– so I (and possibility others) who have linked to those pages will now have some broken links.
For future reference, it is important to make a backup of your local hard drive iWeb folder so you can move it to a different computer. Also, Apple does NOT recommend publishing to the same .Mac account with iWeb from multiple computers. I was able to copy my previously posted iWeb podcasts from my iWeb folder (in the Web folder – Sites folder – iWeb folder) and republish these, but it would have been a lot easier if I had known to backup my local iWeb resources as described in this Apple iWeb support article.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- VIDEO: 10 Tips from a Technology Fear Specialist - 2019
- Restrict Plex Shared Movie Library to Include Just G, PG, PG-13 Films - 2017
- April 2013 OKC WordPress User Group Meetup Notes - 2013
- Good Things Can Come From Science and Engineering Projects in School - 2012
- Security Tips for WordPress: Understanding Network Attacks - 2012
- Fatherhood & Faith: Rearing Good Kids in a Secular Society - 2011
- Kyle Nelson on Social Media - 2011
- An Exemplary Scribe Blog Post, Pecha Kutcha Presentation, and Screencast - 2010
- NETA09 Podcasts and A fun Star Wars Remix Video - 2009
- Kids making the case for classroom blogging - 2008