EdHeads is a website with several engaging activities for students on different topics. A “virtual knee surgery” activity is available (probably of interest to older adults to who may have had this procedure or be contemplating it) as well as great activities and resources on simple machines. Use the drop-down menu in the upper right corner to select an activity. Teacher guides are also available for each one.
I am a big fan of weather and weather-related activities for students, and some excellent activities related to weather prediction and reporting are available. These are well suited for elementary computer lab settings, or use at home.
Thanks to one of the teachers at yesterday’s “Rethink” event in El Paso for passing this along! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- QR Codes on Conference Bookmark Handout - 2012
- Thank You Teachers (Teacher Appreciation Week Message) - 2011
- Visually Capturing Stress in the White House During SEAL Operations Against Bin Laden - 2011
- Ning announces new pricing structure - Implications for Storychasers - 2010
- Quickly publish student writing with WordPress and iPadio (no-edit podcasts) - 2010
- Podcast314: An Innovative Partnership Supporting Families with Autistic Children in Central Oklahoma (Developing play skills, sharing resources, reducing isolation) - 2009
- Celebration of Collaboration - 2007
- Just say no to fear - 2006