Does anyone have a favorite, free plug-in for WordPress that you’re using to block automated spam comments? The quantity of spam comments to my blog has been skyrocketing. Spam Karma 2 is doing a great job filtering it out, but I’d like to stop it from being posted at all. To do this I need a plugin that will require people to type a random word unreadable by computer bots. There is a word for that and I don’t know what it is (that type of authentication.) The official WordPress site offers lots of different suggestions for fighting comment spam, but I want recommendations. I probably need to add this functionality soon, the comment spam is out of control.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- iPad Apps About Rockets, Spacecraft Design, and Astronomical Engineering - 2014
- Inspired to Dream BIG @NorthwesternU - 2011
- We need more constructive and positive Storychasers in The Age of Humiliation - 2010
- Welcome to OLD School Assignment Turn In - 2010
- Abandoning Juice Receiver - At least for now - 2008
- Beyond the Fear Factor with Internet Safety - 2008
- links for 2008-05-05 - 2008
- A growing global audience - 2008
- A warning that came too late - 2008
- Do you need a Second Life?? - 2007