I learned today that I was mentioned in the May 2006 issue of School Library Journal, in “The Buzz” column in an entry titled, “A Tech Guy Worth Knowing.” The article states:
Wesley Fryer— self-described on his Web site as an educator, author, and digital storyteller— maintains a blog entitled “Moving at the Speed of Creativity.” For providing comprehensive coverage of education technology and insightful discussion of related issues, both Fryer and his blog are worthy of attention. Recent posts describe a Tennessee school district’s effort to ban iPods on campus and a podcast chat about censorship, MySpace, and the 1989 protests in China’s Tiananmen Square. Currently director of instructional support services at the Texas Tech University College of Education, Fryer was selected as an Apple Distinguished Educator, Class of 2005. www.speedofcreativity.org.
This mention was a surprise to me, as well as the faculty member who brought it to my attention. I do not think many of the people I work with daily (as part of my regular job) are very aware of the edublogosphere and the ongoing conversations here, of which I am a part. One is never a prophet in his own land… 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Embed a Google DocList in a Google Site or WordPress Site - 2014
- Considering Options for LTE 4G Mobile Hotspots & iPhone Service (June 2012) - 2012
- Spirit of Oklahoma Storytelling Festival: June 3-4, 2011 @TerritoryTeller - 2011
- Oklahoma Educators: Become a Storychaser at OSU June 23-24, 2011 - 2011
- Digital reflections on an anthropologist's journey to Kunming, China - 2010
- Web 2.0 Smackdown highlights from iConnect iLearn 2010 (Colby, Kansas) - 2010
- Tips and Tricks from Kevin Honeycutt #icil2010 (Colby, Kansas) - 2010
- A-Ha Moments: Voice (iConnect iLearn 2010 Opening Keynote) - First Prezi presentation - 2010
- Helping kids connect to their passions and become remarkable: SAVING money shifting to Project Based Learning - 2010
- Public Schools Are Not Businesses - Why Educational Sharing Matters - 2010