It is official: I learned today I will be starting work on June 19th as the Director of Education Advocacy for AT&T in the state of Oklahoma. I will be relocating to Oklahoma City with my family, which will be a great move for us for many reasons. This will be a GREAT opportunity for me to continue my work as a vocal advocate for learning as conversation, messy assessment, digital storytelling, safe digital social networking, collaborative use of read/write web tools in the classroom, and the use of primary sources to study and understand the diverse voices of history and our world.
This position does not involve sales or commissions: I will be a K-20 educational liason working with teachers, technology and curriculum directors, superintendents and principals on a variety of issues related to educational technology, technology integration, and 21st century learning.
What a relief, the year long job hunt is at last over! Now a new adventure begins. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Google Hangouts 101 and Sharing Lessons with Google Tools - 2014
- Playing with Media in Houston, Texas - 2011
- Education can empower us with skills to act upon the world - 2010
- Sketchcasting: A combination of blogging, talking and drawing! - 2010
- Lots of phone stalls, but not many phones! - 2010
- T3 Grant Notes (ARRA Stimulus funds for Educational Technology competitively released by the Texas Education Agency) - 2009
- Podstock Southwest in El Paso - 6-7 August 2009 - 2009
- Discussing GirlsGoGames.com - A conversation about values and media literacy - 2009
- Moodle as "the killer app" - 2008
- The benefits of unplugging - 2008