Well, the new white MacBook I ordered two weeks ago arrived today– just in time for my last day of work at Texas Tech tomorrow, when I have to turn in my work laptop and other electronic devices. What a beautiful machine this is!
Not only is the speed, screen, keyboard, power plug interface, and larger touchpad amazing– but I can’t believe how easy this upgrade process was. I had not used it before– I just booted my old laptop into “target mode” and all my documents, applications, network settings, and keychain settings (for passwords) copied right over. I had about 30 gigs of stuff, but less than an hour after I started the upgrade process I am using the MacBook and have not missed a beat– haven’t installed a new program, had to do ANYTHING but start working.
This is personal technology at its finest, in my opinion– because it is so simple, powerful, and easy to use. Amazing… Now I just need to install the 2 gigs of RAM that I ordered separately from SmallDog— it was much cheaper than ordering the RAM directly from Apple. I also plan to buy and install Parallels along with WinXP at some point, but since I haven’t purchased any LucasArts PC titles yet (and won’t have any time to mess with that for awhile) that can wait!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reminded About the Power of Student Centered Pedagogy - 2018
- Podcast404: Learning About the Textile Industry Through Object-Based Global Exchange - 2013
- Playing With Media and the Story of the American West - 2012
- iPads and Technology Integration for School Principals #tepsa11 - 2011
- More amazing stopmotion examples - 2009
- Praise for NeoOffice (OpenOffice) and SeaShore (GIMP) - 2008
- links for 2008-06-15 - 2008
- Taxonomy versus Folksonomy - 2007
- NECC 2007 Flickr group and blogging - 2007
- Podcast61: 1:1 Lessons in Bryan, Texas - 2006