I learned from Vicki Allen today about a great online tool for use in teacher professional development: Project Poster. It is free, and lets users turn in projects that include attachments like digital photos. According to the website:
Project Poster allows students to make online school projects and short reports quickly and easily. Students can include one image (.gif or .jpg format), four links to other Web pages, and a report of up to 3,500 characters. These posters are available to the public on the Internet after they have been reviewed. The reports MUST relate to a school subject and the teacher must register so his/her students can use Project Poster, but there is NO CHARGE for its use.
I haven’t used this yet, but I will in upcoming professional development sessions with teachers! Thanks Vicki! Vicki, btw, is a Texas-based AT&T Education advocate (in Dallas) and used pbwiki for the first time this week for her Erosion Explosion! workshop with teachers in Allen ISD. I love hanging out with innovative folks like Vicki who are always learning and sharing new ideas! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Interview with Chris Davis on "Journeys in Podcasting" Project - 2015
- Gameification is SO Much More Than Badges - 2015
- Using iPads in the Classroom? Check Out Classkick - 2015
- Visual Notes from Steven Anderson & Kyle Pace's ISTE Session for Administrators - 2013
- Open Educational Resources: Share, Remix, Learn #iste11 - 2011
- Copyright and licensing considerations when importing library audiobooks - 2010
- A great day of conversations at EduBloggerCon09 - 2009
- Leveraging social media tools for social change - 2009
- Wish a particular tool existed? Learn how to get it made! We'll design a tool together - 2009
- EduBloggerCon: Web 2.0 Smackdown - 2009