This podcast is an interview with Beth Carter, a fourth grade elementary math teacher in Oklahoma who frequently uses a Smartboard in her classroom. Beth reviews the reasons for using a Smartboard, the ways a Smartboard can be used to not only present but encourage students to interact and actively engage in mathematics lessons, and how teachers can download lesson activities and templates from the Smarttech website to use and customize to fit their instructional needs. Beth also demonstrated using resources from the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives website, a free interactive website ideal for use with a Smartboard.
Program Length: 16 min, 59 sec
File size: 3.9 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- SMART Ideas software lesson activities
- Notebook software lesson activities (searchable by curriculum standard and lesson activity)
- Smartboard Interactive Notebook collections (interactive, virtual manipulatives)
- Free Smarttech Software applications (Finale Notepad, Number Cruncher, and Speller)
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives (fantastic, free digital manipulatives!)
- Smart Board interactive whiteboard product info
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Write Well, Sell Well Conference Sept 21, 2013 in Oklahoma City - 2013
- Hallelujah: Oklahoma Withdraws from Common Core PARCC Testing Consortium - 2013
- iPad Tutorial: Use a Free Amazon Wish List as an Information Trap for Books - 2012
- The Pivot to Personal Digital Learning by Tom Vander Ark #innov8 - 2011
- Why email is NOT good enough for communication today - 2010
- Phenomenal Math Curriculum Makeover Video by Dan Meyer - 2010
- Debunking Myths of SextCasting - 2009
- Podcast322: Powerful Ingredients for Blended Learning (Ingredients 1 - 5) - 2009
- 3 more days to submit for K12Online08! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-08 - 2008