A beta version of Skype for Macintosh including “video preview” is available. The Mac version is catching up with the Windows version, which has offered one-to-one video conversations (videoconferencing) since version 2.0. This moves one step closer to what the Skype folks are working toward: Cross-platform, one-click global videoconferencing, for free over the Internet.
The world is flat… today we are audio conferencing with ease with others around the globe, tomorrow we’ll be videoconferencing…..
Has anyone had experiences (good or bad) videoconferencing with Skype yet? The Skype support knowledege base has some good FAQs on videoconferencing with Skype. Technically, Skype just supports “video calls” (which are one-to-one) and not multi-point videoconferences at the current time. But you can bet that just as they have added multi-person audio skypecasts with up to 99 folks, they’ll be adding multi-point videoconferencing in the months to come! I did a short videochat over skype with Dean Shareski and it worked good– the video was not as clear as iChat, but it worked cross platform (Macintosh to Windows).
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast406: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom by Jennifer Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008
- Will the 4th screen bring us together? - 2008