A beta version of Skype for Macintosh including “video preview” is available. The Mac version is catching up with the Windows version, which has offered one-to-one video conversations (videoconferencing) since version 2.0. This moves one step closer to what the Skype folks are working toward: Cross-platform, one-click global videoconferencing, for free over the Internet.
The world is flat… today we are audio conferencing with ease with others around the globe, tomorrow we’ll be videoconferencing…..
Has anyone had experiences (good or bad) videoconferencing with Skype yet? The Skype support knowledege base has some good FAQs on videoconferencing with Skype. Technically, Skype just supports “video calls” (which are one-to-one) and not multi-point videoconferences at the current time. But you can bet that just as they have added multi-person audio skypecasts with up to 99 folks, they’ll be adding multi-point videoconferencing in the months to come! I did a short videochat over skype with Dean Shareski and it worked good– the video was not as clear as iChat, but it worked cross platform (Macintosh to Windows).
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Indeed You Are Powerful - Digital Screen - 2015
- Furniture Quest for a Collaborative Classroom - 2015
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008