This evening, David Thornburg, Steve Hargadon, and Miguel Guhlin got together for a skypecast on open source technologies in education. This was the first in a new series on this topic– What a treat to be able to listen in as great minds consider what WILL be a large part of the future in our schools: open source technologies! Check it out!
David has recently published “When the Best is Free: An Educator’s Perspective on Open Source,” available from The Thornburg Center. David generously gave me permission in February 2006 at TCEA to share his presentation “March of the Penguins – Linux on the Student Desktop!” as a podcast, which you may also want to listen to also if you’re interested in these issues.
The Thornburg Center also has a new website of podcasts that feature open source technology issues as well.
Many thanks to Steve, Miguel, and David for the first of what promises to be a GREAT series on open source technologies in education! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Loquendo nos ostendimus - 2019
- Creating Multimedia eBooks (July 2014) - 2014
- Hands On with the Amazon Fire Phone - 2014
- Learning Together at EdCamp Fort Worth (July 2013) - 2013
- Boiling River: Best Kept Secret In Yellowstone National Park - 2012
- Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone: Perfect for HDR iPhoneography - 2012
- OG&E Smart Hours Program is Saving Our Family Money This Summer - 2012
- Publishing video to YouTube and Celebrate Kansas Voices - 2010
- Google Voice and Latitude on the iPhone - Oops - 2009
- Great VoiceThread resources - 2008