I’m flying to Houston in the morning to share an afternoon workshop with higher education faculty on “Teaching with Videoconferencing Technologies.” Sometimes, I think instructors can view teaching via videoconferencing as “easier” (requiring less instructional changes and modifications) than web-based instruction because of the face-to-face element. In my experience, however, I have found that high-quality teaching and learning which is shared and invited via videoconference technologies can take just as much time to prepare and effectively share as web-based learning.
If you know of other resources related to successful teaching with videoconferencing technologies in addition to those I have linked to the above wiki curriculum, please let me know by commenting here or directly adding the resource to the wiki.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Technology Integration for Common Core (Velma, Oklahoma Presentation Resources) - 2013
- Podcast393: Reflections on UnPlug'd 2012 with David Truss & Gail Lovely - 2012
- Evernote as a Syncable, Offline Database for High School CX Debate Evidence - 2011
- Strange podcast download spike - 2008
- Thoughts on video annotation and 1:1 computing - 2007
- Podcast179: Podcasting in the Elementary Classroom - A Conversation on EdTechTalk - 2007
- Use your school phone dialer to share podcasts with parents! - 2007
- Talking about podcasting with elementary students - 2007
- Update on "Invent the Future" After School Club / Scratch Programming - 2007
- Real or fake teaching test? - 2006