The Strategic Open Source Of Texas K-16 project has started a great collection of free Moodle courses relating to open source technologies and software programs. The course on software links is outstanding already, with tons of good links to some software programs I’ve heard of and use, and several that are new to me.
Whoa! This list should get the attention of anyone involved in K-16 educational technology… What a robust and powerful array of software tools can now be at the fingertips of every student and teacher at your school who has access to an Internet-connected computer! Wow!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Evaluating AllGirlArcade.com for my 11 Year Old Daughter - 2011
- Visualizing A Twitter Feed-based Digital Newspaper with Flipboard - 2010
- Using text messaging to prevent school violence (and other crimes) - 2010
- Empowering 21st Century Learners (Canyon ISD, Texas) - 2010
- Geography 2.0: A Juicy Way to Mash Up Learning - 2008
- Education, Learning and Media Megatrends - 2008
- Ecto 3 Alpha released, not recommended - 2007
- Real versus fake learning experiences - 2007
- More cities and towns considering municipal wireless - 2006
- Great planet image - 2006