This podcast features an interview with an 8 year old gamer, Alexander, who has spent many hours the past couple of weeks playing the demo of the upcoming game “Lego Star Wars II.” In the interview, Alexander discusses his abilities as a digital native to learn new computer interfaces quickly, the skills and abilities reinforced through gaming environments, and shares specific details about the differences and benefits of Lego Star Wars II compared to the first iteration of this extremely exciting game.
Program Length: 22 min, 31 sec
File size: 5.4 MB
(Click here to listen to this podcast) Show notes for this podcast include:
- Lego Star Wars II Demo (free download from AOL – WinXP required)
- LucasArts website for Lego Star Wars II
- LucasArts main website
- LEGO Star Wars II: Episode IV Revisited (8 August 2006 prediction article)
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Advanced Tips for iPhone Sharing on Social Media - 2013
- Cross-Posting Audio Podcasts & Phonecasts from Cinch to iPadio - 2012
- Working Behind a Filter: Resolve Shortened URLs with Unshort.me - 2012
- ACLU Sues Missouri School District for Overblocking Internet Websites - 2011
- Magical iPhone Photo Apps - 2010
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship Presentations for Students, Parents and Teachers - 2010
- Podcast327: Using Digital Technologies and Personal Learning Networks to Enhance Learning by Clif Mims (Podstock09 Keynote) - 2009
- Railroads and virtual connections - 2008
- Searching for the ideal StoryChaser camera - 2008
- 30 Days with Twitter by Bob Sprankle - 2007