I was extremely saddened to learn this week (I guess I’m a bit slow on the news, since this was announced in May) that one of my favorite podcasts, “Talking History” from the Organization of American Historians, has been suspended because of budget cutbacks. I absolutely LOVE this weekly podcast series. It has been one of my favorites to listen to for over a year when I take longer trips in the car. This week I listened to past episodes on “U.S. Grand Strategy and the Cold War” and “1491.” The latter was a podcast from 2005, the one on The Cold War was the last podcast for 2006. I frequently listen to older episodes and since I had not heard the last one, I didn’t “get the word” that the series has been suspended.
One positive thing is that there are MANY past episodes still available that I have not heard previously, so I’ll likely continue to “mine” those for good historical nuggets. I’m so sad they won’t be podcasting new episodes, though! Dr. Bryan Le Beau is one of my podcasting role models! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Twitter Threads as Bear Traps - 2020
- Copy Podcast RSS Link From iTunes - 2014
- Learn About Your Teacher Through Her QR Code - 2012
- iPad Productivity Apps Workshop: Fri September 14th (Oklahoma City) - 2012
- Keys to PBL and Student Centered Learning - 2011
- iPads in Education: What important apps am I missing? - 2010
- Track your baby's every move with Baby Connect - 2010
- Converting a document to ePub (eBook) format with Calibre - 2010
- President Obama's Speech to Students: A Great Opportunity for Synchronous, Live Discussions - 2009
- Highlights from Septemberfest 2008 - 2008