Jennifer Wagner is hosting a Skypecast this Saturday, September 16th at 4 pm Pacific time (6 pm Central) to discuss WikiSpaces and answer two basic questions:
- How do I use Wikispaces?
- Why should I use a Wiki?
Sounds like a great topic for the “Personal Professional Development” strand of our upcoming K12 Online Conference! (Soon to be formally announced!)
Jen asks people to email her in her blog post, but I found the Skypecast event online by doing a keyword search on the site for “Wikispaces.” If you want to participate, make sure you have Skype installed and working. You might also find my post from July “Guidelines for Participating in a Skypecast” helpful. I’m not sure at this point if I’ll be able to join in or not, but if I can’t it’s good to know Jen will be posting an archived recording of it on her website as a podcast.
I just love the read/write web! 🙂
On the subject of WikiSpaces, I want to pass along the fact that WikiSpaces has “launched our program to give away 100,000 wikis to teachers.” So, it’s not only a great weekend to learn about WikiSpaces from Jennifer, but also a great time to sign up for a free wiki for you and/or your students to use!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- MinecraftEDU House Spanish Labeling Challenge - 2016
- Sortable, Mobilized Google Spreadsheet with Student Photos and Information - 2013
- Documenting Adventures in Shanghai on an iPhone - 2011
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship in Alva, Oklahoma (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Podcast329: Playing Civilization Revolution on the iPod Touch / iPhone - 2009
- Helping more teachers and students access a Ning website via a subdomain and a CNAME entry in DNS - 2008
- Marketing flyer for K12Online08 - 2008
- Good morning, your WordPress blog has been hacked - 2008
- Entroute to Shanghai - 2007
- Giving Tiger Mail a try - 2006