Jennifer Wagner is hosting a Skypecast this Saturday, September 16th at 4 pm Pacific time (6 pm Central) to discuss WikiSpaces and answer two basic questions:
- How do I use Wikispaces?
- Why should I use a Wiki?
Sounds like a great topic for the “Personal Professional Development” strand of our upcoming K12 Online Conference! (Soon to be formally announced!)
Jen asks people to email her in her blog post, but I found the Skypecast event online by doing a keyword search on the site for “Wikispaces.” If you want to participate, make sure you have Skype installed and working. You might also find my post from July “Guidelines for Participating in a Skypecast” helpful. I’m not sure at this point if I’ll be able to join in or not, but if I can’t it’s good to know Jen will be posting an archived recording of it on her website as a podcast.
I just love the read/write web! 🙂
On the subject of WikiSpaces, I want to pass along the fact that WikiSpaces has “launched our program to give away 100,000 wikis to teachers.” So, it’s not only a great weekend to learn about WikiSpaces from Jennifer, but also a great time to sign up for a free wiki for you and/or your students to use!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Sortable, Mobilized Google Spreadsheet with Student Photos and Information - 2013
- Documenting Adventures in Shanghai on an iPhone - 2011
- Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship in Alva, Oklahoma (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Podcast329: Playing Civilization Revolution on the iPod Touch / iPhone - 2009
- Helping more teachers and students access a Ning website via a subdomain and a CNAME entry in DNS - 2008
- Marketing flyer for K12Online08 - 2008
- Good morning, your WordPress blog has been hacked - 2008
- Entroute to Shanghai - 2007
- Giving Tiger Mail a try - 2006
- OnGuard Online DSN advice for parents - 2006