I have started a series of 10 workshops around the state of Oklahoma this week that focus on eRate as well as free sources of high quality digital curriculum. When it comes to free digital curriculum I don’t want to overwhelm people with too many choices (because certainly there are a huge number of options) but rather give them a sampling of some of the best. I am including web-based resources in all cases, with the exception of Google Earth. (I would put Google Earth in a category of “web-enabled software,” I think it is too powerful to leave out of this discussion.)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast430: Minecraft Summer Camp with Connected Camps - 2015
- Map Media to the Common Core with iPads: Classroom 2.0 LIVE on Saturday! - 2013
- iPhone 5, Steve Jobs Reflections, & Amazing (free) Science Videos - 2012
- Publish student stories online with artwork, text and audio narration with StoryKit (free) - 2010
- Share your 5 Photo Stories on Posterous! - 2010
- Praise for Red Eye Removal and Custom Book Ordering in iPhoto '09 - 2009
- A virtual chat with President Lincoln - 2008
- Explaining the value of microblogging and Twitter for educators - 2008
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2007
- Working behind the great firewall of China - 2007