Physics professor Lou Bloomfield defines mass as how hard something is to shake, and observes that human beings generally go through life trying to avoid momentum transfers. This podcast includes several reflections on these ideas as they relate to the contexts of school reform and educational change.
Program Length: 20 min, 01 sec
File size: 4.8 MB
(Click here to listen to this podcast) Show notes for this podcast include:
- University of Virginia Podcasts and Webcasts
- More than the Score: The Physics of Football (A podcast by Dr. Lou Bloomfield of UVA)
- My current seminar materials on E-Rate and free digital curriculum
- And I have found my battle (blog post)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson on success and succeeding
- Geraldine Ferraro’s presentation to the National Symposium on Women in Politics at UVA (mp3 podcast)
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 2nd PLAYDATE PD Event in Oklahoma: Saturday October 4th! - 2014
- iPhone5 Weight & Form Factor - 2012
- Blocked Sites in China - 2010
- Purchase a new webkinz or say goodbye to WebKinz World Online - 2009
- An Exemplary Interactive Mobile Conference Website (Vision 2020 Conference) - 2009
- Deer Creek (Oklahoma) Students and Teachers Using Skype - 2009
- Edmond Parents Protested President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Podcast281: Brisinger Book Release, Home Run Books, Flow, and Reading Advice from 10 Year Old Alexander - 2008
- Learning 2.0 Conference opening panel - 2007
- Fourier Systems Nova5000 - 2006