Tim Donovan is one of the four founders of Imbee.com, a website providing a free, safe digital social networking environment for students between the ages of 8 and 14. On September 21, 2006, I interviewed Tim over Skype about Imbee and learned more about the free Teacher’s program launched by Imbee. Tim’s observation that organizations and the adults who run them need to provide destinations for students that do more than entertain them really resonated with me. I firmly believe we need to walk the walk as well as talk the talk of safe digital social networking with students. Imbee.com provides an excellent environment for those types of fenced, moderated social networking interactions online.
Program Length: 26 min, 54 sec
File size: 6.2 MB
(Click here to listen to this podcast) Show notes for this podcast include:
- Imbee.com’s Teacher Program
- Free registration for teachers on Imbee.com
- Lesson Plans for Teachers with Imbee.com
- More information about industriousKID, the organization sponsoring Imbee
- Safe Digital Social Networking (spotlight preso at MACE MTI 2006)
- Think.com and Digital Social Networking (podcast from May 2006)
- Imbee for Schools, Think.com, and Moodle comparisons (blog post)
- Project Safe Childhood
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Technorati Tags: education
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Seeking Funding for an Oklahoma School NCLB Left Behind - 2013
- Adding Audio to a WordPress Sound Blog - 2011
- Using Social Networking Tools to Increase Discussion in the Classroom by Karin Perry - 2010
- Did You Know 4.0 - The Mobile Revolution is Here - 2009
- Chinese Parental Expectations, Creativity, and Chinese Film Recommendations - 2009
- Podcast284: Media Literacy as Literacy for the Information Age by Dr. Renee Hobbs - 2008
- Podcast283: Dr. Cathy M. Roller's keynote at the 2008 OTEP Reading Conference - 2008
- EverNote iPhone Voice Memos - 2008
- Proof a T-1 line is insufficient - 2008
- Content filtering in Communist China versus an Oklahoma school - 2007