As you may already know, the first annual FREE K-12 online conference is coming up at the end of October and beginning of November. Even if you have never presented at a conference before (online or face-to-face,) I encourage you to consider sharing a presentation for K-12 Online. “Presentations” are recorded screencasts, audiocasts, or videos about issues relating to web 2.0, and will be posted to the conference blog during the weeks of the actual conference. Compared to a “regular” F2F conference presentation, the stress and pressure should be much less since everything is pre-recorded! If you make a mistake, just go back and edit it out! This is an ONLINE conference, and while there will be some opportunities for synchronous interaction via Elluminate and skypecasts, most of the interaction will be asynchronous via blog comments and postings.
Please also encourage others you know to submit a proposal! You don’t have to have the proposal finished to submit it as an idea! As of this moment, we still haven’t received 10 submissions in two of the four conference strands– and we need 10 presentations for each one! (In addition to the keynotes for each, which are already set up.) Our current received proposal numbers, by thread, are:
- A Week In The Classroom: 14
- Basic/Advanced Training: 8
- Personal Professional Development: 11
- Overcoming Obstacles: 7
Proposals are due by Saturday night (Sept 30th) at midnight US Pacific Time. Please submit and encourage others you know to submit proposals so our conference will be as successful as possible! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Social Dilemma Documentary and YOUR Social Media Privacy Settings - 2020
- Chance favors the connected mind - 2010
- The Ethic of the Link, Hyperlinked Writing, and Mainstream Media Link Hangups - 2009
- Theater magic in Wamego, Kansas and KSU football - 2008
- Value of blogs and citizen journalism demonstrated in Myanmar - 2007
- Imbee is better than Disney - 2006
- Friending on social networks - 2006
- CUE Opposes DOPA - 2006
- Education leaders propose more useless and counterproductive ideas - 2006
- Educational technology legal issues - 2005