Google is moving more into the education space, and will be offering its first “Google Teacher Academy” on November 7, 2006 at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA. This initial workshop opportunity with Google is open only to educators in northern California. Sign up online with the link above, the deadline for sign-ups is October 22, 2006. According to Chris Walsh, who let me know about this:
The FREE pilot program on November 7th is ONLY open to educators in Northern California. Only 50 seats are available, and we want a diverse group of people there with a wide range of experience. Please pass this along to encourage people you know to apply. Applications are ONLY open for 10 days, so please spread the word ASAP.
It’s great to see Google starting to offer more specifically for educators. Their “Google For Educators” page includes a variety of links not only to Google tools, but also a link to join the “Google Teacher Center” Google group. It looks like the group will be “read-only” to members, and Google will use this as way to share education-related announcements.
Technorati Tags: google
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Favorite iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch Audio Editing Apps (October 2011) - 2011
- Waiting For Superman: A Good Film to Provoke Conversations We Need - 2010
- Welcome to the 2010 K-12 Online Conference - 2010
- First Proctored Quiz with Moodle - 2010
- Podcast331: Leveraging the Potential of Social Media for School Public Relations - 2009
- Perceptions of Beauty, PhotoShop, and Media Literacy - 2009
- Chinesepod and Connectivism: More connections lead to more learning - 2008
- Tagging the K-12 Online Conference - 2007
- When Night Falls skypecast notes - 2006
- The joy of chess - 2006