As promised at Monday’s technology conference in Wichita Falls, Texas, I have posted the recorded audio files from these sessions to the web. Uncharacteristically, these are unedited versions of my presentations– I just don’t have time right now to edit, clean up, and compress these further.
The presentations were/are:
- Safe Classroom Blogging to Improve Student Writing
- Effective Search Strategies
- Engaging Digital Natives with Web 2.0 Tools
- Cultivating Digital Literacy with Classroom Podcasting
I may release one or more of these later in my actual podcast channel. If you think one or more of these is worth posting as an actual podcast, please let me know by commenting here. If you’ve been listening to my podcasts and presentations for awhile, I’m sure you’ll hear some repeated stories here. (It’s hard to come up with entirely new/fresh things to say, so forgive me for that please.)
Last thought– I had a group of over 100 teachers at the second session on effective search strategies, it was standing room only– but only about 15 people for the third session on web 2.0. I think this shows were many if not most of our teachers are today: Most teachers are still struggling with “web 1.0” technologies, and don’t realize they NEED to be moving on and learning about web 2.0. Web 2.0 is so much more exciting! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Free MinecraftEDU Server Remote Control Options for Mac Users - 2014
- Mapping Media and Narrated Art in Canfield, Ohio (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Newsweek Going All Digital - 2012
- Oklahoma Educators: Register for NetPotential 2011 in OKC & Tulsa - 2011
- Connect the Dots: The Political Revolution We Need in the USA - 2011
- Learning about AudioBoo from a 1st Grader at College - 2010
- Mobile Phone Photo Editing Fun #edapp - 2010
- No, just having IWBs does not make learning engaging - 2009
- Combining RSS feeds with Yahoo Pipes - 2008
- Images and Experiences from TechCon 2008 near Chicago today - 2008