After many weeks of discussions and planning, my 8 year old son and I have formally launched a new collaborative podcasting project we have titled, “Talking Science.”
The idea here is pretty simple and powerful: Invite students from around the world to contribute short podcasts in which they ask questions they have about different scientific topics. Other learners (novice as well as expert) are invited to contribute answers and ideas to these questions as comments or other podcasts.
The first episode includes a bit of background on the podcasting project, as well as some questions relating to the center of the universe and dark matter.
Check out our project and join the fun! When learners of any age talk about what interests them and what they know, the payoffs can be great. This project will hopefully be a fun way to also connect younger learners and aspiring scientists with professional researchers who can share their knowledge and expertise with a global audience in this asynchronous format! 🙂
Thanks to Flickr user XMatt for the microscope image used in the background of our podcast banner image.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast 434: Discovering Useful New Ideas as a Connected Educator (October 2015) - 2015
- Sharing My Learning via Twitter from Write Well, Sell Well 2015 - 2015
- Writing for Greater Impact by Shannon Ethridge - 2015
- Selling Well for Non-Fiction Writers by Chris Maselli - 2015
- Avoiding Digital Disasters: Video Is the New Pen - 2013
- Awesome Brickfilm - 2011
- Podcast332: WordPress Saves Lives - Learn How #actem09 - 2009
- Deterring bag shoplifters and trash depositors - 2008
- Voicethreads about favorite books! - 2007
- Elluminate moderation: First impressions - 2006