Robert Karulas’s presentation for K-12 Online today (a series of three short screencasts) gives an overview of an excellent free resource for teachers interested in podcasting. Taking It Global For Educators lets teachers register for a free account and upload podcasts less than 2 MB in size. If you compress your podcasts by using a 32 KBits/sec bit rate, this is very doable.
Creating podcasts can be relatively simpler than the process of uploading them to a server via FTP. TIG’s interface makes uploading a podcast and getting a customized RSS feed technically equivalent to attaching a document to an email file using webmail. Great resource. Robert’s screencasts are very clear and helpful.
I shared a 3 hour workshop with teachers in Tulsa Public Schools yesterday evening on podcasting, and realized that I need to add screencasts to the online curriculum and resource materials I’m sharing on podcasting.
If anyone knows of good tutorials on using Audacity to create basic podcasts as well as screencasts of this, please let me know by commenting here. I may end up creating these myself, but if someone else has already done it there’s no need for me to duplicate their work! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Editing a Periscope Video & Rotating Before Posting to YouTube - 2015
- Project Management Tools, Tips and Tricks (Oct 2013) - 2013
- At the Eastern Edge of our Continent: Wells Reserve at Laudholm (Maine) - 2012
- Annotate, Correct and Edit Documents on Your iPad - 2011
- The Joys of Microfiche Scanning - 2010
- Gage, Oklahoma Schools roll out iPod Touches for Grades 3-12 - 2009
- Podcast198: I've Recorded a Podcast: Now What? - 2007
- Podcast197: Leveraging a Variety of Free and Open Source Technology Solutions to Support Learning - 2007
- Talking blogs - 2006
- Wii is going to reinvent the gaming experience - 2006