Wow. I love the opportunities we have today, thanks to web 2.0, to learn from each other. I saw this evening some links on Will Richardson’s blog posts that said, “Listen to this podcast.” Curious, I clicked on one and was pleased to hear a reasonably human sounding computer-voice read the text of the blog post to me. I backtracked the mp3 file’s link to the domain and found Talkr: Letting blogs speak for themselves. After signing up, I read the Embed Audio Links page on the site and found the free Talkr Podcast Plugin for WordPress.
After a quick ftp file upload of the plugin, an activation click and entering my free Talker feed ID: Whoa-la! You can listen to this and every new post on my blog as a dynamic text-to-speech audio file. Older posts that were not in my RSS feed when I set this up may not play, unfortunately, but all the new posts and most recent ones should.
This is a free tool and I’m thrilled with it now, but I am wondering… Is there a way to change this to a male voice?!
A podcast feed of these audio files is also available, but for some reason it doesn’t appear to include the latest 15 posts. Not sure what is going on with that, I’ll have to troubleshoot this more later. Talkr is a great idea and a super resource!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Editing a Periscope Video & Rotating Before Posting to YouTube - 2015
- Project Management Tools, Tips and Tricks (Oct 2013) - 2013
- At the Eastern Edge of our Continent: Wells Reserve at Laudholm (Maine) - 2012
- Annotate, Correct and Edit Documents on Your iPad - 2011
- The Joys of Microfiche Scanning - 2010
- Gage, Oklahoma Schools roll out iPod Touches for Grades 3-12 - 2009
- Podcast198: I've Recorded a Podcast: Now What? - 2007
- Podcast197: Leveraging a Variety of Free and Open Source Technology Solutions to Support Learning - 2007
- Wii is going to reinvent the gaming experience - 2006
- Persuasion Map - 2006