It is very interesting to watch the web 2.0 services and websites being acquired by larger corporate players. Google has acquired both Writely (now Google documents and spreadsheets, integrating both Google Spreadsheets and Writely functionality) and YouTube in the past year– and now Google is into the Wiki world with its acquisition of JotSpot.
Jot.com was one of the first wikis I ever used, back in the Spring of 2005 when our educational law class research group used it to create a “Student Cell Phone Use and Other Technology Concerns for Schools” wiki. My favorite free wiki sites are now PBwiki (great because its tagging markup is so simple, and you can have a private wiki for free) and WikiSpaces (nice because of its better WYSIWYG formatting options.) It will be interesting to see how the feature set of Jot.com changes (and hopefully improves even more) now that Google has acquired them.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Don't Get Tricked Online - A Media Literacy Lesson - 2019
- Amazed by Edgar's Design Creativity in Minecraft - 2014
- Photographic Highlights and Mapping Media Learning from NW Illinois - 2013
- Innovative Learning Institute in Norman: Nov 6, 2012 - 2012
- Digital Magazines: Text Plus Multimedia - 2011
- When Parents Don't Want Student Email - 2011
- Mirroring an iPad with iOS 5 & Apple TV - 2011
- Platforms for Interactively Sharing Student Work - 2010
- AudioBoo provides a great opportunity to record and share holiday memories - 2010
- The Research on Teaching Animation Design Art by Yang Huansong - 2009